The Ford F-150 has reached legend status in the automotive industry for its durability, power and tireless work ethic. However, it’s only able to be as strong and efficient as it is when its tires are inflated to the right level. If you’re looking to get a little more boost out of your engine, today we’ll take you through our 2017 Ford F-150 tire pressure recommendation so you can see just where you should be riding at!
What is the right tire pressure level in the 2017 Ford F-150?
The 2017 Ford F-150 depends on its tires for many important areas on the road. Not only does a properly inflated set help your drive quality, but it greatly increases handling, towing and fuel economy as well! Currently, the optimal pressure level of your F-150 is 35 psi when cold, both in its front and rear tires.
How to inflate your tires manually
We should also mention that select F-150 models are outfitted with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System, that uses sensors to determine when your tires are getting a little too low in pressure. If this is the case, refilling your tires is easy! Check out some quick steps below:
- There should be a valve cap on your F-150’s tire. Unscrew it and keep it in a safe place.
- Take the nozzle from your air compressor and fit it over the valve. At this point your tires should be filling up.
- Most compressors have a gauge that extends out when you start filling. Once you see this gauge reach a reading of “35” it’s safe to remove it from your tire.
- Keep doing this for all your remaining tires if you notice that they’re going low as well.
- Screw the valve caps back on your tires.
You’re done! Also, keep in mind that most gas stations have air compressors and filling stations on site, or you can visit our service team here at Kovatch Ford to get back out on the road!
Read More: Why should you buy a 2017 Ford F-150?
Test drive the 2017 Ford F-150 in Carbon County PA
If you’re interested in seeing all that the 2017 Ford F-150 has to offer you, feel free to contact our sales team here at Kovatch Ford. We can get you behind the wheel for a test drive and discuss anything you’d like to know with you. Come and see us today!