The Ford F-Series line has been the top-selling truck in the United States for 40 years in a row. The F-150 is the best-selling model of the F-Series lineup. The 2020 Ford F-150 model remains one of the most popular pickup trucks. This year’s model made the 10-speed automatic transmission standard with all engines and expanded the engine availability for lower trims. So, how well does the 2020 Ford F-150 perform? Keep reading to find out!
Power and performance
There are six available engines options, each with their own levels of power and performance:
- 3.5-Liter EcoBoost®. This engine achieves up to 375 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel. This engine gets up to 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque.
- High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost®. This engine achieves 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.7L Turbocharged EcoBoost®. This engine delivers up to 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8. This engine gets up to 396 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6. This engine delivers 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque.
As mentioned above, the 10-speed automatic transmission is standard with every engine. This transmission improved on the performance of the 6-speed transmission. You also have the option to choose between Normal, Tow/Haul, Snow/Wet, EcoSelect and Sport modes.
Outside of the power and performance of these engines, the 2020 Ford F-150 also has impressive towing capabilities and features. This truck can tow up to 13,200 pounds. Towing is easier with these features: Pro Trailer Backup Assist™, Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-sight guide, 8-inch productivity screen, factory-installed trailer brake controller, and Blind Spot Information System® with Trailer Coverage.
You might also like: Best Ford Vehicles for Tailgating
Test drive the 2020 Ford F-150
Seeing the performance of the 2020 Ford F-150 makes it clear why it remains so popular. Schedule a test drive of the 2020 Ford F-150 to find out for yourself why this truck is so liked in the U.S. If you would like to learn more about this model, or other Ford models, check out our model research pages.